October 19, 2015

Burda Style "super easy" 6938

PANTS PANTS PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I've always been afraid to make pants, because there is always a hiccup or pattern alteration that I can't deal with, but for the past 2 days I made great progress :)
 
This Burda style 6938 pattern is extremely easy to sew and the pant silhouette isn't too baggy. I made these pants with a loud Hawaiian leafy rayon fabric. A few tips......... Rayon is slippery to cut and sew, use lots of pins or baste your garment. I cut a size 8 and the fit was exact, in case you are wondering here are my measurements: waist 27.5", hips 37.5", however, I did have to cut about 2 inches in length.
 
It's a flowy and soft fabric, it's worth the little struggle :) your skin will be happy. 




The waist band has 2 elastic casings and I omitted the cord that goes in between these casings.
I like the fit in the back.
Pockets! I used the serger to finish all seams.
 


Happy sewing for everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment