February 25, 2016

My first Denim anything!!!!

Stretch Denim Jacket!

This is the first time I decide to make anything out of denim, and the experience was extremely pleasant, that I believe I'm in love with this material.


About the design: I drafted the pattern from a white knit jacket found in my closet.
Alteration: shorter sleeves (didn't have enough fabric), and added a facing from a different non-stretch cotton fabric.

 
Sporty look!!
 

In order to tie the whole look, I decided to include some of the facing fabric onto the pockets.

 
The back of the jacket is composed of 4 panels, creating the illusion of a small waist and the hopes of becoming a tailoring master :)
Topstitched the noticeable seams (back, front, side and arms) as an extra element for the design.
Thread used: a thick denim grey thread.
 

Front has 2 panels and 2 pockets!!!
Gotta have those pockets.

 
Facing: the fabric resembles adds in a newspaper. It's the same fabric I used to make a previous 1950's dress.
 
 
I say until next time with a closer look at the facing and pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment