November 8, 2015

Self drafted sloper for knit skirt

A big smile when you draft a pattern and it fits your body!!!!!
 
I have entered a new stage of my sewing adventure, and that is to draft my own patterns based on my measurements.
This past week I began on a knit skirt, who knew that you had to adjust the pattern depending on the stretch of the knit??????? I didn't :( but it's a learning curve, and now I know :)
 
 
Fabric: grey knit jersey from Jo-Ann's
Sewn: serged all the seams, except for the hem, I used a larger straight seam (because it will not stretch)

 
Side pockets, with a style line on the waist line.
I created a casing for the elastic at the waist line.

 
Skirt is semi fitted at the hip and then straight down to the hem.
I have left overs from this fabric, might make a shirt with long sleeves (if there's enough material).
:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment