August 3, 2016

Navy blue-see-thru dress!!

Stretch navy blue dress....... let there be a breeze!!
 
 
Fabric: Two-way stretch navy blue knit and another grey/white remnant with a whole lot of holes :)
Pattern: Self-drafted from an existing dress
 

Front and back
The front and back blue panels for the skirt are the same, and there are 4 grey side panels.
Next time, I will add pockets :)
 
 
I thought an element of sexiness would be to lower the drape on the back, but unfortunately I had to wrestle with the bra in order to hide it.
 
 
I love, love, absolutely looooooove sewing with knits, because all that is required is an overlock :)
All seems were sewn with a speedylock and the hems with a coverpro.

 
Even though the blue fabric is somewhat thick, the dress still flows as I walk and feels light...... not to mention there is plenty of air fluctuation thanks to those side panels.

 
I still need to add a strap to connect the shoulders in the back, because the sleeves fall off. 
However, I managed to take photos without giving you guys a strip show :)
Allow this breeze to take you to RUMS
 
 
"Do great things, even if they are small"
-Dr. Wayne-

6 comments:

  1. Me gusta mucho!!el escote en la espalda es una pasada y la parte de la falda con las dos telas diferentes queda genial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Gracias, elabore el patrón de un vestido viejito que tenia, pero me gusta el corte que lo tuve que replicar.

      Delete