April 24, 2016

Vintage Bubble Wrap

It's been a while since my last post, but I have quite the repertoire....... Enjoy!
Don't forget to stop by RUMS
 

 
Fabric: Bubble Wrap, Gold/Copper Spray Paint
Pattern: The bodice was inspired by Gertie's B6094 Butterick, the skirt was self drafted
Model: Alexandra Hernández
 

This project started as a challenge for me, I thought of an unconventional material, but that wouldn't become a pain to sew! What better than bubble wrap??? hahaha
 

Skirt is a full circle, but before I began cutting the pieces, I had to make fabric out of long rectangular strips from the bubble wrap.


 Before sewing the seams, I popped all the bubbles that were in the direct line of combat, meaning in the way of the needle! 


Closure? Well I pondered long and hard, and guess what? There's no zipper, buttons, or hook and eye! What did I use?????? Good old friend Velcro!  Worked like a charm.


Modifications: in the future I wouldn't use spray paint, because it made the dress a little stiff.
Wonder how Alexa was breathing in it?


The wind was our allied, and made the skirt look somewhat flowy!
And yes, you are not imagining things, there are bubbles in the frame!


Lots of crunching while sitting down :)

20 comments:

  1. Wow! It's gorgeous! And the fabric is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got a little light headed while painting this dress!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Un trabajo remunerado con sonrisas y aventuras durante la sesión de fotos =)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Gracias! Me puse un reto, y aquí les tengo el resultado!

      Delete
  4. belle robe mais aussi belles photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ole!!!
    Gran trabajo! Te ha quedado chulísimo.
    La parte de hacer la "tela" es la más aburrida, porque a mí ya me tocó pero con pelo, luego el resultado vale la pena.
    Enhorabuena!!!!
    Biquiños!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Gracias Cristina, fue un proyecto bastante divertido!

      Delete